AnsweredAssumed Answered

Chicago- Renaissance vs. Residence Inn

Question asked by ericajarret on Jul 27, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 29, 2015 by stelzer001

Hi.

I hope I have posted this in the correct place. I apologize if I haven't.

We are planning to visit Chicago for the first time with our two children (they will be 4 and 9) in the Spring. We are Gold Members and will be staying on points. Based on the many reviews I have read and also based on location, I believe we have narrowed down our choices to the

Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel (on Wacker) or

Residence Inn Chicago Downtown River North (on Dearborn)

We plan to stay for 5 nights/6 days. The properties are quite close to each other so the location is comparable. We plan to explore the whole city, do all of the 'touristy' things with the kids, etc. I was thinking that due to the length of stay we may be more comfortable at a property like the Residence (even though the kids would be sharing a pull-out).  The breakfast offered at Residence doesn't really sway me to stay there as we have so many places we'd like to visit/eat at, we'll most likely use the breakfast buffet as a quick morning 'snack' for the kids to hold them over until we get to a restaurant.

Would love to have your thoughts and opinions.

Thank you so much for your time.

Oh! One more question, if you don't mind. After reviewing our school calendar and also the Chicago Convention Calendar, we are thinking of traveling either thru Memorial Day weekend or possibly waiting until the 3rd week in June. Is there a big difference in the two and if so, when would you recommend?

Outcomes