ontherun

Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile - Not so Magnificent

Discussion created by ontherun on Jul 12, 2015
Latest reply on Aug 3, 2015 by ks77

This is just my opinion. Just stayed at the Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile and it is not like other Marriott.  Corporate rate was $100 less then other full service Marriott's in the area so I decided to stay there.  Have not stayed there in several years.  Other then the room view there was not much positive from the hotel.  Most of the staff was helpful but the new room had a desk like you get in a hospital and no desk car.  Had to sit on on one of the benches in the room. Let me tell you thought after I left and needed to deal with the hotel the stay was on the bad side.  Can trying to send me to corporate when I needed something from the hotel and hung up on me once while I had been on hold for 10 minutes waiting to speak to the GM.  Which never happened, they put me through to executive offices and corrected the problem but I am sure all my concerns made both the night before and to her where never heard by the GM of the hotel.  The lounge was one of the nicest is size and worst in amenities. Had lots of staff in there standing around doing nothing, so you had to ask for help nobody bother to offer.  No soft drinks or other beverages available by self-service had to go to bar for everything.  Just cheap to me. No easy way to bring a couple of sodas to the room while working or to have with your meal.  Breakfast was the bare minimum, and laid out very poorly. I know even after all the offers from management to assist in next stay that I will not likely stay there again.

Outcomes