AnsweredAssumed Answered

Parking charges at Marriott properties

Question asked by 702rugbyref on Jul 10, 2015
Latest reply on Aug 24, 2015 by eb5147

Does anyone else find it ridiculous that you have to pay to park your car while spending big $$ to stay at a Marriott hotel? I have found it now becoming more common (in California anyway), to charge parking/night and even if you are sharing a room and two folks show up in separate cars, each have to pay for parking. Seems truly like a money grab.

Marriott should at minimum, look at waiving this add-on for it's elite members (similar to wifi). This additional cost adds up considerably to the consumer and the overall cost of the stay. I think it may even deter some folks from staying in the future. I get it goes to the bottom line and is easy money for the hotel and company but this add-on is pretty absurd in my opinion. I actually look at other hotels to avoid paying the parking, if possible and I stay over 100 nights/year which if you add it up, will be several $100s additionally out of my pocket or company's pocket and maybe that is why they prey upon folks as some people will shrug their shoulders as it may not be their money to begin with.

Outcomes