graphmaster

Lack of customer service at the Gaylord Opryland

Discussion created by graphmaster on May 16, 2015
Latest reply on Aug 23, 2015 by techie

Terrible customer service. We had seven rooms reserved for a convention- all were supposed to be together. Extremely high prices and terrible customer service. They had our group spread out all over this large resort when they had guaranteed us our group would be together. - we made our reservations in January with a May stay. Called several times with the guarantee we would all be together. Until check in,when they had all our reservations all over the place. Then their manager told us they would never promise us we would be near each other - while right next to us another large group checked in and were welcomed with consecutive rooms. When the manager literally said he wasn't going to to anything to even attempt to fix the problem, you know they really don't care if you are happy with your stay. The facility is awesome, but if this is how they treat customers, I won't ever stay again! They did end up putting two of us in handicap rooms. These were both at the farthest end of the section and were not very nice. We also had been offered smaller 'parlor rooms' with fold out couches.

The customer service here never improved.  Most of the rooms my party checked into were dirty.  Since we booked rooms months in advance, but were assigned handicap rooms in the bowels of the hotel (if this is the way Marriott treats all handicapped customers-they should be ashamed), we requested room changes the next day.  We were told there weren't any available. Yet, in the lobby, they continued to check people in and out.  Speaking with other event attendees, they were experiencing the same issues.

I feel this place is so large, they really don't have any concern about upsetting a few people.    This place isn't cheap and when you book so far ahead and pay so much for an upscale Marriott room, I guess I could expect to get the room I pay for - so not the case here!

Outcomes