apj4494

Not made aware of hotel construction

Discussion created by apj4494 on Apr 6, 2015
Latest reply on Apr 13, 2015 by carij

Using my Marriott rewards points, I recently stayed at this property. Since I travel on business all the time, this was a "staycation" for my husband and I. I completed the survey expressing my displeasure with my stay and have received no other response.  I understand the need to upgrade the hotel, but I think that I should have been notified that was happening at the time. There was no notice of construction anywhere. I wish I had been given the choice to stay or not based on the construction going on at the time. There is no way I would have wasted my points on a stay that was everything but restful. We just wanted to stay in and relax.  That was not possible and we went out into the hallway, we had to step over carpet that was being ripped up.  We had to walk around construction workers who were moving items to and from rooms.  Again, anything but restful. I did state in the survey that this would not deter me from staying at a Residence Inn in the future.  I would suggest however, that I be made fully aware of what is going on at the time, so that I could make a choice on whether or not I stay.

Outcomes