AnsweredAssumed Answered

Montreal Marriott, "Honeymoon" decision...

Question asked by brightlybob on Feb 26, 2015
Latest reply on Mar 17, 2015 by brightlybob

I'm planning to marry my second wife (second time round for both of us) in early July then a few days later we fly out with the teenagers to visit her relatives in Toronto area. From there we are taking the teens on a points-burning Roadtrip visiting Ottawa, Ausable, NYC, DC and Niagara before returning to Oakville to drop them off for a few nights whilst we have a "mini honeymoon" in Montreal, my missus childhood home which she hasn't visited since the 1980's.

Whilst the whole holiday isnt particulatrly romantic, I'd like to pick a nice hotel from which to base ourselves for the memory lane walks were going to take around Montreal, and I'm not sure the Montreal Marriott fits that bill. I have reserved the Marriott on a cancellable rate, but the rooms don't seem inspiring, the baths are small (Missus really dislikes that small tub that seems to be in common usage around North America) and the exec lounge doesn't do alcohol. I am considering the Intercontinental which is a similar price for a club room, but will consider any good option even if it's not in my favoured Marriott or IHG chains...

So all suggestions, hints or tips are gratefully appreciated...

Outcomes