Share your Insider travel adventures to Chicago, Illinois by commenting on this post and you could earn points.
There are so many active things to do in Chicago in the warmer weather months. Without a doubt, Chicago is absolutely beautiful this time of year: flowers blossom, sunshine streams the Chicago skyline, and fresh, green grasses fill the many spacious parks. It’s time to get outdoors and experience all that Chicago has to offer. Here are our recommendations for 5 things you must do when visiting Chicago.
- Go on a bike ride - Now that it’s warmer out, it is perfect weather for a long, leisurely bike ride along Lake Shore Drive. It’s a great way to stay active and explore the city at large, with access to several different neighborhoods. It also offers a breathtaking view of the Chicago skyline. Take a break and head to the beach or take a stroll through a nearby park. A great example is Bobby's Bike Hike in Chicago.
- Have some fun in Navy Pier - Navy Pier boasts many family-fun activities and outdoor events. Spending a Saturday afternoon there with the whole family will make for some wonderful memories, and you’ll be amazed at how quickly time flies. From amusement rides and a children’s museum, to the iconic Ferris wheel and IMAX theaters, there’s no shortage of fun things to do at Navy Pier in Chicago.
- Spend time in the water - Whether you want to take a dip or just ride along the Chicago River, there are plenty of tours and sports that allow you to explore the waters and take in panoramic views of Chicago’s architectural design and culture. You can take a boat cruise along the bustling Chicago River Walk, or you can grab a kayak and paddle your way through Chicago’s bridges and passageways. Afterwards, grab a bite along the River Walk, as it is abundant in delicious dining options.
- Go to the gardens - Heading to the Chicago Botanical Garden, Garfield Park Conservatory, or Lurie Garden in Millennium Park makes for a perfect, lazy Sunday afternoon. Between the lush greenery, tropical temperatures, and gorgeous landscaping there’s so much beauty to take in and appreciate. Whether you prefer to take a class or attend an event with the family, or you just simply want to wander the gardens on your own, there are plenty of things to do at these notable venues.
- Take in a concert - Taking in a concert at Ravinia in Chicago is a great way to share a memorable experience with others. Check out the 2017 Ravinia Lineup and start looking for shows you’re interested in and securing tickets. With a variety of genres and styles of music, there’s something for everyone. Ranging from John Legend to One Republic, from La La Land to Aretha Franklin, there’s definitely no deficit in talent.
When you come to explore Chicago, please stay with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile!